Manly Men and Their Manly Games


So, I went camping at St. Andrews beach in Panama City for two days over Spring Break. (I didn't go by myself, because I've never been able to be alone for more than a few minutes) And now that you how wimpy I am, let me tell you about how my ruggedly masculine adventures. I went camping in the company of three manly men; Bryan Everett, Kenley Stringer, and David Kuder. Being the man menly we are, we made the 1.5 hour drive in just barely 4 hours by getting lost. Once at the campground we decided to rough it...we only ate fast food twice. The other two meals, polish sausage and cereal, we cooked from scratch over a roaring fire. Besides being reckless adventurers, we did other masculine things. Like working on our tans, flexing a lot while playing volleyball, and smiling at the ladies. However our masculinity reached its apex during a brief momment of testosterone induced stupidity.

Let me walk you through the glorious event. Picture yourself at the beach, the skimboards and football no longer seem interesting and the waves are pathetic. You are left with two things; the beach and two frisbees. Although that sounds like three things, it is not (I am counting both frisbees as one item). Playing catch with frisbees is the first option...however there is a much more appealing and entertaining option available if you mix a little imagination with the original ingredients...
Recipe for Disaster by Alec Waller
Ingredients:
frisbees
shins and ankles
beach sand
Instructions:
1. Mark off small playing area on beach sand
2. Place frisbees within playing area
3. Repeatedly drill one everyone else in the shins and ankles with aforementioned frisbees
4. In the meantime, attempt to protect your shins by any means necessary
5. Accumulate masculinity by playing through the pain
6. Achieve manliest man status by being the last one standing...literally

That is what we did. It was very manly and fun...I think. So, how did you spend your Spring Break?

4 comments:

Calyn said...

Alec Waller! I'm so proud of you!!! All these postings. It's just beautiful. I'm glad you pointed out that recipe because I have it in one of my cookbooks and I will know now never to try it.
So last night Jonathan Peters came over to Sarah's dorm and we were talking and we were telling some story and we mentioned "Alec" and I said, "You know Alec, right?" And he was like, "Oh! MY Alec?!" It was great. :0)

Todd G Sapp said...

Hey, you offered a quiz today (3/13/2006) but it doesn't look like commenting is available on that post so I'll post my guess here. It looks like Mars but I'm having trouble determining the exact region. Do I Win?

Todd G Sapp said...

Hey...topographical map quiz...looks like Mars to me. Do I win?

jess said...

ok....................jk
Sounds very interesting.
I can imagine you and David doing something like that. (I did not mean that as an insul.t)