Our Response to Sudan

After hearing of the recent events and being convicted of my duty to those suffering I have committed to two things. First, I will make sure that I am aware of the situation by examining the news from Sudan (sadly, news from the Sudan is not proportionate to the severity of the crisis). Second, I will use this information to take action.

I hope that we can discuss our duty in a constructive manner. If you would like to join me, here are several actions that we can take:

  • SPEAK: Become a voice for the victims by speaking out at the grassroots level (i.e. bring up the situation in conversation, e-mail our Senators and the President and push for aid to be sent...you get the idea)
  • PRAY: Beseech the Lord for His mercy, salvation, and peace to come to the victims in Sudan.
  • REMEMBER: Look back at the genocides of history and remember the outrage you had towards the inaction of those who could have prevented the atrocities. We are responsible for those in the Sudan, our inaction will directly result in the continued destruction.
  • GIVE: Find a agency and give our time, effort, and money.
  • GO: If the Lord is calling you to be a light in the midst of this dark time, then be obedient and go.

My heart beats with fervor and I pray that others would join with me to take action. The Lord has an incredible plan for the situation in Sudan and we are have a duty to be involved. Faith is belief which ignites a heart to action. I urge you all to examine your faith along with me. Do we truly believe or are these simply words….

No comments: