Autumn's Arrival

Autumn is almost here! She will be back in the States today!!!

This summer has been long and hot and I have been looking forward to this fall with great anticipation. Not only will the change of seasons bring with it crisp cool weather and nature's warm colors, but it signifies the return of my beloved. As we bade farewell at the beginning of the summer Autumn reminded me to look for the leaves to change colors, because she said, that is when I am coming back to you. Her words sustained me in the months of seperation, giving me something tangible upon which to place my hope. So earlier this week when I noticed the first yellow leaves scattered round the base of a sapling my mind went back to that moment and the thought of seeing her again filled my heart with joy.

No comments: